Who We Are
The FCC (Carlos Chagas Foundation) is a private, nonprofit institution that operates in two main areas: Assessment/Civil Service Exams/Selection Processes and Research and Education. Since it was founded 55 years ago, it has been recognized for its competence in conducting civil service exams, college admission tests, system evaluation and socio-educational research.
Investing in education and research has always been one of FCC’s driving forces. Through its Educational Research Department (DPE), it dedicates to research programs on topics directly or indirectly related to education involving assessment, people selection, public policy, teaching and teacher education, social rights, gender and race. Another differential of the FCC lies in its experience and excellence in planning and executing selection processes.
Assessment, Civil Service Exams and Selection Processes
QUALITY, SECURITY AND CREDIBILITY
Technical teams with up-to-date training in the following areas: project planning and execution, psychometrics, statistics, legal, data processing, information security, logistics, transportation, candidate care and accessibility;
Monitored facilities, own printer with strict production and packaging control;
Efficient, country-wide logistics;
Investment in information technology and security;
Purpose-designed projects to meet the needs of each institution;
Reliable and efficient results guide our pioneering spirit and tradition.
Research and Education
- Benchmark in educational research.
- Projects focused on the school reality, seeking the best qualification for educational actions.
- Educational research on demand.
- Qualified body of researchers.
- CIERS-ed (International Center of Studies on Social Representations and Subjectivity-Education), partnerships with more than 40 public and private universities throughout the country, Latin America and Europe.
- Cadernos de Pesquisa and Estudos em Avaliação Educacional are scientific journals with an excellent rating by the Capes Qualis system.
- Portal Educ@: one of the most relevant online journal indexing databases in the area of education.
- The BAMP (Ana Maria Poppovic Library) is home to a collection of more than 60,000 titles. It specializes in education, educational assessment, early childhood, gender and race.
- Publication of books in partnership with university publishers.
- Courses and Seminars: these are aimed at the training and development of educators, educational managers, researchers, undergraduate and graduate students and people interested in topics and research in education.
- Postdoc Internship Program: designed for researchers or professors who hold a Ph.D. and whose research interests are related to subjects studied at the DPE.
- Partnerships for organizing and holding national and international scientific events.
- Professor Rubens Murillo Marques Award: this prize recognizes and disseminates teacher education experiences by teachers at undergraduate licensure programs.
Capes Thesis Award: the FCC partnered with Capes to select and assess the best theses in the fields of Education and Teaching.
- UNESCO Chair in Teaching Professionalization A network formed by 40 research groups and more than 100 researchers at public and private institutions throughout Brazil and in other countries.
French-Brazilian Serge Moscovici Chair A partnership between the FCC and the Consulate General of France in São Paulo to strengthen and develop scientific cooperation between the FCC and French educational and research institutions.